How we help
Our full range of Asset Management learning materials can be customised to suit your needs at a fraction of the price of creating your own.
The materials are available with or without our awe! mark, a mark that is fast gaining industry recognition and that affirms that the materials have been through our Quality Assurance methodology and are fit for purpose.
These, and any materials we or others develop for you, will then form a portfolio of high quality, interactive and educationally sound materials that meet industry standards and have the hallmark of being created specifically for your organisation.
Many of our clients also opt for a branded learning portal to access our online learning content. As well as reinforcing your positioning, it provides learner support and data analytics on learner behaviours and how they may be improved. Alternatively, we can supply you with SCORM-ready objects and other materials for uploading onto your system.
As well as the speed, cost and positioning benefits, the focus on mass customisation prepares the way for learning to be used as a catalyst for growing capabilities and synergies across your AM value chain. This will be essential if ‘whole life, whole system thinking’ is to reach its full potential.
For individuals looking for our online AM Courses, click here.
Our Learning Materials
Over the past few years we’ve created an extensive portfolio of Asset Management learning materials. They give learners all the knowledge and understanding they need in how to apply AM disciplines within your organisation.
The content has been created by world leading asset management experts to ensure the fundamental principles of asset management are fully covered. It provides a solid foundation to develop asset management knowledge across your organisation and build the competence and confidence needed for todays and tomorrows asset managers.
We lead the field in assembling this content to suit a wide variety of AM learning requirements so that it is easy to use, engaging and educationally sound.
The materials fall into 5 learning types:
- e-learning modules: 14 x modules that introduce all the key topics that make up the Asset Management discipline as specified by ISO55000 and covers the 39 AM subject areas that make up the ‘AM Landscape’ defined by the GFMAM. Each module is 30 minutes. They can be used in small clusters for specific purposes or as a total suite which maps to the competency requirements of the IAM’s Certificate, giving the learning the knowledge and confidence to take the Certificate Exam – link to Certificate Course Descriptor.
- Webinars packages: the scripts, diagrams, case examples and video clips cover most of what will be needed for the running of ‘electronic classes’. Webinars provide learners with face-to-face contact with each other and a Professional AM facilitator. They typically run for 60-90 mins and allow learners to check out their knowledge and pose questions about their ‘real world’ issues. Contact Us
- Exam Readiness Workshops – Typically for corporates who have a cohort of staff taking the IAM Certificate Exam. This is a one-day workshop facilitated by one of our AM experts at your offices. It is designed to help ensure the learners readiness to take the exam. It covers a recap of learning objectives, practice questions and group discussion. Contact Us
- Tailored workshops – Designed to build on the online learning elements and apply the knowledge to your work environment. Contact Us
- Workplace assignments and coaching – Specific actions agreed the help to embed learning and apply behaviour/culture change. Contact Us
Pathways to Competence
- Understanding the theory
- Contextualising the knowledge
- Fluency in using knowledge = competence with confidence
- Knowledge + Skills + Behaviour = Intended Results
Link needed to ‘Pathways to Competence’ PowerPoint by June Lancaster & Ian Young.
Step 1: Online to understand fundamental principles
Step 2: Webinars & workshops to contextualise the learning within your market place
Step 3: Workshops and work place assignments to augment the knowledge in real life situations.
Example of ‘ladder’ diagram…………………………..set against a Competence Framework:
Whether you are a corporate with a need to customise our material to suit your own market needs or a partner company looking to extend your learning offer to your client base all our asset management learning materials start life as ‘White Goods’ so that they are easy to ‘Colour’ with things like your brand, videos, imagery and language variants. This forms a portfolio of high quality, interactive and educationally sound materials that have the hallmark of being created specifically for your organisation.
It helps ensure uptake of the learning as staff (and your suppliers and clients) recognise the scenarios as relevant to their work and receive the message that your organisation is taking asset management seriously.
Where needed, we’ll also use our Quality Assurance product development methodology to create new materials, drafting in subject matter experts where necessary.
Commonly, we include our awe! mark in the learning materials to give learners the certainty that the outputs are educationally sound and fit for purpose.
We also provide branded learning portals to those who don’t have one or prefer to use one specifically for accessing their online AM learning materials.
We’ve a special interest in helping clients develop their ‘AM ecosystem’ through offering a total earning service. It can be a great way of upping capabilities and synergies across the supply chain and building close, high trust relationships with long term clients and partners alike.
We can do it for you.
Click here if you wish to discuss your customisation requirements
Customisation of the awe! learning materials will enable you to take advantage of the following benefits:
Developing your staff competence and confidence: Helps to ensure staff uptake of the learning as they recognise relevant scenarios and receive the message that you are investing in them and taking AM seriously.
AM Value chain: Customisation prepares the way for learning to be used as a catalyst for growing capabilities and synergies within your organisation (and supply chain) to ensure delivery of a whole life whole system approach
Price & Speed: We’ve already developed a large portfolio of AM learning materials. This means we can very quickly and at a fraction of the cost of building your own, provide you with high quality, educationally sound materials branded as your own for your specific market needs.
Scalability, including ‘anytime, anywhere’: allows for immediate or rapid growth across a geographically diverse or global organisation
Consistency: everyone has the same knowledge and is on the same page
Flexibility: Learning at the pace that suits, people that can be flexible as they have the same knowledge as their counterparts
Quality – assurance that all training is educationally sound and fit for purpose
New business stream: Extending our partners AM learning offer to their client base