We help develop and embed the cultural and learning practices required to support your total asset management solution.
Create a positive learning environment, where learning is embedded in all aspects of working life. This is key to the success of an asset management culture change program.
Organisations that have achieved this demonstrate
- happier, more creative and capable staff
- when staff perform better, so do their companies and clients
We work with you to create the learning environment and practices that will enable your staff to develop the asset management competence and confidence to thrive.
Make the case
Let us help you
Many organisations are making the move to asset management because they believe in it intrinsically or because their clients are demanding it.
Research by Reliability Web, however, shows that, getting the culture right is the foundation of implementing asset management. Of c.1,000 organisations across numerous sectors and geographies that are ‘going for it’, 42% have identified this as their biggest challenge.
By contrast, it is clear that those who have successfully implemented asset management, addressed the culture factors throughout their journey.
We all play a part
Asset management involves everyone. Though encouraging standard ways of working, it also calls for a culture that supports independent-minded thinking.
Attitudes towards oneself, colleagues and the company all need to be open to change.
Total learning solutions
Learning organisations develop ‘Total Learning Solutions’ to give staff the required competences, and the confidence to use them.
To be fit for purpose, the solution needs to be appropriate to a company’s needs and character. It will generally make extensive use of ‘generic’ materials (such as off-the-shelf training based on recognised competency frameworks) but is likely to customise them (such as through branding) and produce some new materials of its own.
Outputs will typically be of two kinds:
Online: for the training of concepts, processes, models and principles. This will typically be e-learning as it ensures consistency of learning, can be done ‘anytime, anywhere’, is trackable and cost effective, especially when done globally. May also include webinars, e-classes and the like.
Face to Face: for the reinforcement, exploration and application of the online learning. It will typically includes classroom-based learning, workshops, assignments and coaching.
It also seeks to build a ‘community of practitioners’.
Attributes of an effective learning solution
The solution needs to penetrate the organisation, reaching all employees in accordance with their needs. To be efficient and effective it needs to:
- Facilitate consistency – to ensure that everyone is on the same page
- Aid transferability – to encourage knowledge transfer from role to role across the organisation
- Promote sustainability – Consistent application of learning in the workplace, (what you do every day)
- Scalable – allows for immediate or rapid growth across a geographically diverse or global organisation
- Quality – assurance that all training is educationally sound and fit for purpose
- Accessibility – provides the learner the ability to learn at their own pace and location whilst being responsive to differing cultural needs
- Progressive – ensures the learning is linked to PDP as well as it application in the work environment
Our training solution services
Asset Wisdom services can help you develop and implement any of the steps required in your organisation learning solution. Generically, these can be described as 6 steps:
6 steps to creating a ‘Total Learning Solution’
Asset Wisdom brings together world leading expertise and experience in education, on line learning and asset management to assess, design, deliver and support the implementation of your total end to end learning solutions. Our key capabilities offer you:
- Facilitated discussions with key stakeholders to crystallise the organisational needs and potential learning solutions to meet those need at all levels.
- The creation of a learning solution that gives the organisation and its workforce the greatest opportunity to ensure success by using a range of learning methodologies to cater for the learning styles of each team and individual.
- Learning products that can include generic, customised, or bespoke developments to ensure it meets your corporate demands.
- Provide a programme of learning which will ensure the transfer of generic knowledge through the use of on line modules; getting everyone on the same page through consistency of corporate message!
- Assurance that everyone understands the basics of what asset management is, the benefits of introducing it to the organisation and how the ISO 55000 standard supports implementation.
- A series of on line modules mapped to the job roles within the organisation, e.g. a business development manager needs to understand, in addition to above, stakeholder expectations and requirements, a technical services manager needs a certificate in AM
- Access to Industry subject matter experts to allow contextualisation and application of the learning to an individual’s business environment.
- Through on line learning the knowledge required to undertake the certificate qualification, supplemented by a series of learning experiences, face to face, webinar and workplace assignments to meet individual needs.
- Implementation support, to embed the learning solution into the organisational culture and accommodate the differing geographical cultures and languages associated with global organisations
- A technical platform to support delivery of the on line solution, including a compliance reporting system for the organisation and individual learning accounts.
- To work with organisations that have a platform in place to ensure smooth transition to that platform.
Improving the skills and capability of those that have gone through the training has resulted insignificant benefit for Sodexo, increased competitive advantage, growth in existing and new contracts and staff retention.
Insert link to IHEEM article on Learning Solutions
Insert link to Sodexo Case Study